On August 23, 2022, Hunters for BC made some significant changes. A majority vote was received by our members in favour of dissolving our affiliation with Safari Club International. We thank everyone for their participation and making their vote count for us to become an independent British Columbia Society – Hunters for BC.
The board is now working on updates and restructuring for our society as we move forward. This transition will take some time as we revise individual committees accordingly.
Membership will be a very simple transition.
- ALL current Hunters for BC / SCI chapter members will automatically have their current memberships honoured and carried forward to the new society – Hunters for BC. This applies to all 1 year, 3 year and Life Members.
- Anyone wishing to buy a new membership or renew can do so on our website here: MEMBERSHIP
- Anyone wishing to OPT-OUT of membership with Hunters for BC can do so here: OPT-OUT
Membership fees are largely unchanged with the exception of Life Membership offered for $1,000. Directors are hard at work developing some member benefits and we will update you going forward.
- 1-Year New Members – $50
- 1-Year Renewing Members – $65
- 3-Year Memberships – $150
- Life Memberships – $1,000
Our fundraising efforts this year have been fantastic and a very big thank you to all sponsors, donors, and partners! The fall and winter of 2022 will see some incredible fundraisers being launched by Hunters for BC. Stay Tuned!
Our organization is currently engaged in several projects which include:
- Predator Awareness Public Engagement Billboards
- Pennask Access Management Project
- Badger Ambassador & Awareness Program
- BC Trappers Association Predator Program
- CWD Training Session for Sample Collection & Outreach
- Webinars (Coming Soon – Adenovirus Hemorrhagic Disease (AHD) in Black Tail Deer with provincial wildlife veterinarian Dr. Caeley Thacker)
- Caribou Vehicle Collisions in Northeast BC
- Opposition to Zincton All-Season Ski and Recreation Development
- Active participation with the Fish, Wildlife & Habitat Coalition
If you have questions, concerns or project ideas please feel free to contact any of our directors! BOARD OF DIRECTORS
We are currently looking for help in the following positions.
- content creation, letters, sponsor recognition,
- Social media & graphics
- Secretary support including scheduling meetings, taking minutes, general correspondence
- First Nations Committee
- Outreach for conservation projects & initiatives
- Badger Ambassador program to develop outreach in communities with badger populations to raise awareness of this endangered species
Volunteer work for Wildlife, Habitat and Hunting is the backbone for a successful non-profit society and also extremely rewarding!
With Hunting Season opening up province wide Hunters for BC wishes everyone safe and successful adventures. Please do not overlook harvesting predators as predator management is a key component to Ungulate Recovery in our province. Please take a moment to engage with your local MLA to share your concerns for wildlife and habitat in BC. Hunters Can Make A Difference.
OUR COMMITMENT: TO PRESERVE, PROTECT, ENHANCE, RECOVER, RESPECT
Yours in Conservation,
Robin Unrau, President
+ Directors of Hunters for BC