All information on this webpage has been provided by Ministry of Forests.
Hunters for BC supports MoF CWD outreach through sharing of factual information & education to hunters and other interested people with material as presented here-in.
• Deer, Elk, Moose – over 1 year of age
• Encouraged but voluntary in most areas
• Mandatory (deer only) in high risk area
• Please remove antlers
Remove at base or skull plate
Submit lower jaw (deer only)
• All supplies at freezer / drop drop-off location
• Instructions / freezer locations / test results: www.gov.bc.ca/chronicwastingdisease
All hunting licence holders who harvest a white tailed deer or mule deer, under the authority of a species licence, in Management Units 4-1, 4-2, 4-3, 4-4, 4-5, 4-6, 4-7 and 4-23, must submit the head for CWD testing.
New Mandatory Zone – New Hunting Licence Condition:
• Resident and non non-resident licences
• Both deer species
• Mandatory submission for testing
• Consistent with AHA General Order in 2019 and 2020